San Diego...

A tidal pool at La Jolla cove in San Diego Cal...
 What a beautiful day it is here in sunny San Diego... also known as America's finest city. I recently moved to San diego from the Big Island of Hawaii and I must say that at first it took me some time to get adjusted... but now I am feeling quite at home here. the music scene is quite amazing. One can hear any kind of m
usic on any given night. no matter whether you are into indie music (San Diego has an amazing Indie scene), alternative, rock, hardcore, jazz, classical, world music, house music.... whatever you want you will find it here. Sweet music festivals like Street Scene and Warped tour... skate demos... surfing contests... bodyboard contests... sandcastle and bikini contests. This really is an amazing place to be. One could be lounging at a cafe downtown having an authentic Italan espresso and gelato... then hit the beach for some rays and waves... come home for a quick shower... hit a nice restaurant and maybe a club or bar after... and still be home in time to lounge and reflect on the day. I am saying this because I think more people should visit San Diego. It is an amazing place right here in the United States... and it is so unique and amazing.I don't know any place in the world I have been that has such a unique blend of culture and attitude.  Some interesting attractions I recommend are of course Sea World, Birch Aquarium in La Jolla, San Diego Wild Animal Park (a must see), San Diego Zoo, The Gaslamp (San Diego's renovated downtown hipster district).. Horton Plaza (amazing outdoor mall downtown in the Gaslamp district)... Pacific Beach, Mission Beach, Ocean Beach, La Jolla Cove... and if you are adventurous enough maybe even a day trip to Tijuana. There is so much to do and see here it is endless. And the economy thrives on tourism and visitors... so welcome outsiders. I am a Cali native who moved here from my longtime home in Hawaii... and I say come give us a visit. The sun is warm even into the fall and winter (despite some marine layer days). If you are headed this way and want some info... get back to me and I will try to help you. This is an amazing place and I like to share with people who are interested in travel. Like I saw on a billboard once in the Bay Area... it said... " I left my coat in San Francisco "... then had a big sunshine smiley face on the board and below it said... " San Diego ". Years later I am here and loving it. Any cool like minded people wanna visit? You have a friend here and a tour guide. Aloha from America's finest city... - Josh